Sunday, December 9, 2007

SUNDAY-9TH DECEMBER 2007-TERRIBLE BRUISES ON AZLAN'S BODY-MUM

Terrible bruises on Azlan’s body: Mum
PENAMPANG:
Datin Aminah Ambrose, the mother of Datu Azlan, said she received a call on December 1 from the mother of Azlan’s fiancee that her son was suffering from a stroke and he was in pain but still alive and in the hospital. However, when Aminah arrived at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), she saw Azlan’s body was covered with a cloth and the hospital staff informed her that her son was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital at 7. l5am. “Why give me hope to see my son alive when actually he had died? Why did the mother of my son’s fiancee call me at 7.38am, saying that ‘Azlan is sick, please come to the hospital quickly, his face is pale’?” Aminah asked. “I want to know the truth as to what really happened to my son and why she (fiancee’s mother) lied to me,” the grieving mother said in an interview at her residence, yesterday. According to Aminah, she was aware of the time when the mother of her son’s fiancee called her, as it was recorded in her hand phone. “At the mortuary, seeing that my son had left us and nothing could be done, I kissed his forehead and touched his palm but they felt so cold like ice, not even a slight warmth on his skin. Any normal body of a person who has just passed away would not have felt so cold. It looked like my son had passed away for quite some time,” she said. “When Sheena’s mother (mother of Azlan’s fiancee) had left us, I felt concerned about my son’s condition... I opened the white cloth slowly that covered him and noticed scratches on some part of his face as if caused by nails. “I was shocked and continued opening the white cloth and was so surprised to see wounds on the head, at the back, and terrible bruises all over his body and his arms... my God, his arms had bruises that left some kind of holes on the skin and dry blood. To me, it looked like something painful had gone into his arms. “When I checked his legs, I noticed something which was so saddening,
as if something had been done to his two legs... it was so shocking! How could he had all those bruises, dried blood and marks if he only had a stroke only, tell me how?” Asked if she saw the sign of blood on arrival at the mortuary, Aminah said, “At first, I did not see any sign of blood because his body was covered with the cloth, and his shirt was so clean, not a drop of blood. But after uncovering the cloth slowly, after a while, I saw stains of blood coming from the back of his head, prompting me to call the doctor saying, ‘doctor, my son was battered!’ Asked if anyone else noticed the bloodstains, she said three other persons also saw them. Aminah said she had immediately asked her niece to take photographs of what they noticed on Azlan’s body, and the photographs were shown to the Borneo Post. “I have been informed by the authorities that the case is still under investigation... I am hoping for justice, please,” she said. Datuk Amir Kahar Aminah’s husband said: “Even someone who are much older, for example, over
60 would still have a chance to stay conscious after a stroke. My son was healthy and never had stroke, and he was just 24. “When Azlan was still with us and when Sheena visited us, I noticed Azlan was quite gentle towards her, opening the door for her and taking the chair for her. He treated her nicely. He was a gentleman,” said the father. According to Aminah, Azlan left the house around 1pm on the day he was reported dead. “Before he left, as usual we were in the computer room talking happily. He always prepared all kinds of nutritious shakes for the family, especially vanilla and chocolate shakes, and on that day he excitedly prepared some and served us. He was a very loving brother and a gentle son,” the mother said “I remembered that last day while he was making the shake, his fiancee kept calling him.., then he left, that was the last time I saw him alive,” she said, while showing Azlan’s neat room with a book, some cupboards and a TV beside his bed.